Amy's Weight Loss Success | Claremont, CA | Southern California Photographer

My experience of having weight loss surgery is no secret. I've always been open and honest about my journey. I've involved myself with the awesome weight loss community online (though, I know, I've been slacking!), and connected with some amazing people along the way. One of those people is Amy.

Amy is awesome!
Seriously, she's pretty great. She's fun, and easy to talk to, and we will always be sleeve sisters! She, too, is open about her journey, and has helped others in their own journeys. She's worked hard to achieve the fantastic results she's had (she's lost 175 over the course of a year!). Though she says I'm an inspiration to her, she is an inspiration to me, as well.

When Amy told me she wanted to take photos to celebrate her one year "surgiversary", and that she wanted me to take them, I was so excited! I loved how involved she was in the planning, and really had a vision of what she wanted, while trusting me and my opinions.  My ultimate goal was to make her feel beautiful, because she is!

If you'd like to view Amy's one year update video, with before and after photos, here is the link (warning, you may need a tissue!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EepL7wsV3Hc
She's also put up a video montage of all the photos from our session, which you can view here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfrFCT06vU4

We started off the session with a few photos of Amy and her husband, Mark. The most exciting part? Mark dipping Amy. She said they've never been able to do that before (huge NSV!), and it was so sweet! After some photos with Mark, Amy and I went off on our own to finish the rest of the session with the focus on her, and her amazing success.

[Claremont, CA]
[Click photos to enlarge]









Thank you, Amy, for trusting me to take these photos, which I know were so important to you!