Personal | Photographer Community | Farewell, Kristen!

This post is a little different than my norm, as I won't be sharing images from a wedding, or a recent portrait session. Instead, I want to talk a little about an amazing group of people, and wish someone in particular the best in their upcoming adventures!

Before moving back home to California, I knew I needed to get myself out there, and meet others who loved photography. Networking has proven to be one the best things I could have done for myself and my business. Not only have I learned SO much, been able to work with several awesome photographers, and gained lots of great experience, but I've made invaluable connections and friendships.

A few weeks ago, I volunteered to help photograph a memorial service for a young man. I was there with a few other photographers/videographers who also gave their time and talent for this emotional event. Being there was a quiet, powerful reminder to cherish those who are here with us, as we never know when they might be gone. It was a day which caused us all to reflect on our own lives.

I can't even begin to explain how thankful I am for the amazing community we have. The support, the understanding, the critiques, the help, the laughs, the late night chats... I love all of it! I know not all photographers have the same experience- whether it's being involved in a supportive community of fellow camera lovers, or being a photographer who doesn't share the feeling that helping each other succeed is best... and I feel sad for those people. They're really missing out. Knowing that, however, just makes me more appreciative that I'm lucky enough to know and be involved with so many amazing and talented people.

One of those amazing and talented people (who was there to photograph the memorial) is Kristen Burtch. Kristen is seriously one of a kind. She's always so positive, and motivational. Dance parties are kind of her thing, and she loves her dog... a lot (I can totally respect that, have you seen my dog Lola?!). Kristen and her husband, Alex, are moving on to the next phase of their life, which happens to include leaving us out here in California, and moving across the country. We hate her for it. Okay, not really, but she's definitely going to be missed! Several of those involved in this incredible community put together a farewell party for her, which was great times, as always!

Kristen, here's wishing you all the best and more in your future endeavors! I know you're going to kick butt! I look forward to keeping in touch, and seeing you at future events around the country!!

Of course, I'll include a few photos in my post... a couple of the beautiful Kristen, and one group shot of some of the most awesome people ever!
Portrait Photography Long Beach California Photographer Networking
 Portrait Photography Long Beach California Photographer Networking
[Group photo credit to Ning Wong, because even setting a camera on a table deserves credit! ;) ]






3 comments

aw, a great group of people :)

Reply

KRISTEN IS AWESOME! And I bet she'll take the california sunshine with her to her new spot!

Reply

Beautiful pics! Great work girl! What a fun group!

Reply